Cultural Alliance Announces 2021 Impact Partnership Recipients
York, PA – The Cultural Alliance of York County is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2021 Impact Operational Support Grants, a one-time operational funding grant open for arts-based organizations in York County.
The recipients of the 2021 Impact Operational Grants are:
- The Belmont Theatre, whose mission is to be York’s prominent community theatre, creating an environment of excellence in the theatre arts through diverse performances and innovative educational opportunities. Learn more at www.thebelmont.org
- Dillsburg Arts and Revitalization Council whose mission is enhancing the arts experience for adults and children in the greater Dillsburg Area. Learn more at www.dillsburgarts.org
- DreamWrights Center for Community Arts, whose mission is to provide creative educational experiences through inclusive inter-generational performance and theatre arts programming. Learn more at www.dreamwrights.org
- Northern Central Railway of York (Steam into History) whose mission is to enhance the economic engine of York County by delivering historical, educational, and entertaining experiences on an excursion railroad. More at www.northerncentralrailway.com
- Susquehanna Folk Music Society, which is a nonprofit education and arts organization dedicated to the advancement, promotion and preservation of traditional, contemporary and international folk music and folk culture. Learn more at www.sfmsfolk.org
- Theater Arts for Everyone (TAFE) whose mission is to give everyone the opportunity to be involved in, educated about, and entertained by the art of live theatre. Learn more at www.tafepa.org
“Financing programs for a small town non-profit are a constant struggle, add a pandemic and that struggle multiplies” says Jay Young, President of the Dillsburg Arts and Revitalization Council. “Without the Cultural Alliance of York County, survival of the Dillsburg Arts and Revitalization Council would be marginal. Their continued support has aided us in achieving more than we ever thought we could. The recent notification that we had received the Impact Partner Grant means so much more than the money. It gives us hope for the future.”
Arts and cultural organizations in York County who have been in operation for at least 3 years were invited to apply for the 2021 Impact Partnership. These grants are awarded annually, and organizations must reapply each year. For more information about the Impact Partnership visit www.culturalyork.org/impact.
Founded as a United Arts Fund in 1999, the Cultural Alliance’s annual campaign currently supports arts organizations and artists that are essential to arts and culture in our community and over the last 20 years has invested over $11.2 million in cash and $2.5 million in in-kind support for the arts. Through critical operational grants, the Cultural Alliance is the lifeline for arts and culture in York County.