Artist Innovator Award
The Artist Innovator Award recognizes excellence within the York County arts community. The Arts & Culture sector of York County is a vital aspect of both our cultural diversity, and our economy, and we seek to raise the visibility of our local artists.
Two awards of $10,000 will be given out annually in October to artists living in York County for at least the past year. Winners will be chosen by a blind panel of jurors from across the country, based solely on the artists York365 portfolio.
Portfolios will be scored based on technical proficiency, artistic expression, and innovation in their field of study. Your portfolio on York365 serves as your submission for the Artist Innovator Award.
Win the Award
Artists working in any disciple or multiple disciples are eligible to win the award. Once awarded, the artist will be ineligible to win again for 5 years. Organizations and venues are not eligible.
How to create a NEW Artist Profile in York365
Create Your Online Portfolio
Your York365 online portfolio serves as your submission for the Artist Innovator Award.
Showcase 1-10 Pieces
Make sure your York365 portfolio has work you’ve created within the past 5 years.
Keep your portfolio current
Showcase your work throughout the year & make sure your portfolio is up-to-date by the annual award deadline of August 31st.
Josh Santiago & Rob Evans
Warkenda Williams-Casey & Ralph Washington
Ambitious Caban (Ana Mercado)
- Artist’s have until August 31st annually to create or update their portfolio on York365. All artists with an active portfolio on August 31st at 5pm will have their work reviewed by this year’s anonymous jury.
To be eligible to the Artist Innovator Award you must:
- Be at least 21 years old (awardees may be required to provide additional proof of age)
- Have been a legal resident of the York County for at least 1 year (awardees may be required to provide proof of residency)
- Have created all work in your submitted portfolio work within the last 5 years
Work Sample Guidelines for the Artist Innovator Prize
- Artists working in all disciplines are required to submit at least one and up to 10 work samples. Work samples of varying length (depending on medium) may be submitted but must not exceed a limit of ten minutes or 15 pages in total.
- For Film/Video, Music, Literary, and Performing arts disciplines, work samples should be excerpts from your full-length projects that the jurors may visit if they wish to explore your nomination further. [For example; (5) two minute samples, or (1) ten minute sample OR (3) five page samples, or (1) 15 page sample, etc. If your Work Sample exceeds the limit, we guarantee that judges will review the first 10 minutes or 15 pages of your work included in this section.
Choose and upload a “Primary Image” to be associated with your profile, as well as up to 10 additional images in your “Gallery”. Your “primary image” can be an additional work sample, as opposed to a headshot or artist photo if you prefer. Make sure to check the “copyright acknowledgement” before uploading any photos.
Writing samples can be uploaded at PDF’s at the bottom of the “PROFILE” section along with your resume.
Video and audio samples should be uploaded as URL’s from third party sites. You maybe upload links to full length videos, however the jurors are only guaranteed to view 10 minutes total. YouTube and SoundCloud links are most compatible with York365.
ex: If you upload one video/audio sample, they will watch/listen to 10 minutes of that sample. If you upload 5 video/audio samples they will watch/listen to 2 minutes of each, so keep this in mind as you create your portfolio.
Award Acknowledgment Guidelines
- Tagging the Cultural Alliance of York County in social media posts about the opportunity for which funds were granted
- Usage of the Cultural Alliance logo on printed promotional materials
- Usage of the Cultural Alliance logo on digital platforms including websites
- Announcement of the grant receipt before or after performances relevant to the opportunity
- Any creative way the artist may be able to include a brief message about the Cultural Alliance
Email Rita at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click below to download full written directions on creating and updating your York365 profile:
Create a NEW Artist Profile on York365