Back for the third year, Downtown Inc is excited to announce the application period is now open for the Welcoming Community Grants program.
Welcoming Community Grants is a grant program administered by Downtown Inc, made possible through Better York and the financial support of Better York, Powder Mill Foundation, the York County Community Foundation, and in partnership with the Cultural Alliance of York County.
The goal of the grant program is to identify and provide financial support to sustainable community events that contribute to creating a welcoming and connected community for all in York City – through diversity, accessibility and cultural representation.
Letter of Interest portal opens Friday, March 4, 2022.
Deadline to submit Letter of Interest is Friday, March 18, 2022 at 5pm ET.
Interviews conducted with each LOI applicant: March 18-31, 2022
Selected applicants will be invited to apply from April 4 to the 8th
Applicants will be notified of funding decision by Tuesday, April 19, 2022
Grants will begin disbursement on Friday, April 22, 2022 (pending completion of grantee paperwork)
Note: In the interest of treating all applicants fairly, Better York will not entertain requests for funding events or programs outside of the annual application period.
Event Styles for Consideration: Community-wide activities like large-scale festivals and live arts that bring different kinds of people together to share experiences and foster broader connection and understanding (of music, culture, history, language, etc.) Art-making and learning activities for adults and children that provide opportunities for hands-on or in-person growth and learning. Arts/music/culture/music/history/theatre experiences that provide accessibility to residents of various socio-economics and encourage community building and community connections in York City.
- Individuals or organizations may apply. Applicants are not required to be a 501(c)3.
- Priority will be given to events that have not received a Welcoming Communities Grant in 2020 or 2021.
- New programs and events, as well as established events are eligible.
- Events must be held in York City between 6/2022 and 6/2023.
- Events must be open to the public at no cost
Welcoming Community Grants program is administered by Downtown Inc and is made possible through Better York and the financial support of Better York, Powder Mill Foundation, the York County Community Foundation, and in partnership with the Cultural Alliance of York County. Grant amounts up to $2,000 will be considered, the average grant amount is $1,500 or less.. A total of $15,000 in grant funds will be allocated in 2022.
Grant applications will be scored on the basis of:
• Potential event impact – How will the event contribute to a hospitable community that fosters community connection, cohesiveness, and inclusivity in York City?
• Inclusivity – Cultural diversity representation; family and age friendly; accessible to all residents and visitors while remaining free to participants.
• Event planning and management – Whether the event is in its 10th year or just launching this year, the ability to demonstrate the following will be key in the review process: a well-researched and thoughtful planning process, appropriate budget, sufficient staffing and volunteer considerations, evidence of sponsorship support if applicable, will all be taken into consideration.
Additional questions can be directed to (717) 968-4307 or email email@example.com.