Deadline Extended to 4/15!
Welcoming Community Grants is a grant program administered by Downtown Inc, made possible through Better York and the financial support of Better York, Powder Mill Foundation, the York County Community Foundation, and in partnership with the Cultural Alliance of York County.
The goal of the grant program is to identify and provide financial support to sustainable community events that contribute to creating a welcoming and connected community for all in York City – through diversity, accessibility and cultural representation.
Grant amounts up to $2,500 will be considered. A total of $15,000 in grant funds will be allocated in 2020.
The deadline to submit applications is Wednesday, April 15 at 5pm ET. Applicants will be notified of funding decision by Friday, April 24. Grants will be disbursed by May 1, 2020.
Event Styles for Consideration:
- Community-wide activities like large-scale festivals and live arts that bring different kinds of people together to share experiences and foster broader connection and understanding (of music, culture, history, language, etc.)
- Art-making and learning activities for adults and children that provide opportunities for hands-on or in-person growth and learning.
- Arts/music/culture/music/history/theatre experiences that provide accessibility to residents of various socio-economics and encourage community building and community connections in York City.
- Applicants are not required to be a 501(c)3.
- Well established events or new programs and events are eligible, as long as they are held in York City.
- Events must be open to the public at no cost.
- Applicants are limited to one grant award per funding year (calendar year).