What is the CAYC Impact Partnership?
The Cultural Alliance of York County serves the community by investing in high-performing arts and cultural organizations and their ability to innovate, evolve and serve the community. The Impact Partnership is a one year, operational grant given to selected non-profit arts and cultural organizations in York County to continue working toward their mission. Organizations must re-apply each year, with the possibility of being invited to a more permanent status with the Cultural Alliance after being successfully funded for 3 consecutive years.
The Application Process
The application process for the Impact Partnership begins with a Letter of Interest (LOI). You can view a PDF copy of the LOI here. After submitting an LOI, every organization will be contacted to set up a site visit or virtual meeting, where they have the opportunity to speak more in-depth about the organization with the Cultural Alliance’s Allocations Chair and panelists. The highest scoring applicants from the LOI and site-visits will then be invited to fill out a full application for funding.
If invited to full application, the Allocation Panel Score will be used to determine the appropriate amount of funding based operating revenue, capped at $10,000 per organization.
If you are interested in applying for the Impact Partnership, begin by downloading and reviewing the Impact Grant Guidelines Below.
Eligibility and Scoring Criteria
Eligible organizations for this partnership will be:
- physically headquartered in York County, Pennsylvania.
- in good standing with 501(c)3 status from the IRS and incorporated in the state of Pennsylvania.
- In continual operation for at least 3 years.
- Operating with arts, culture, or history as the organizations primary mission or purpose.
- In operation throughout the year and present programming to the community.
Scoring for the Impact Partnership is based on:
- Alignment with two of the four focus areas of Diverse Cultures Connect Us, Arts Deepen Our
- Roots, Arts Help Learning at All Ages & Stages, and Strong Art Builds Strong Community
- Leadership, Governance and Administration
- Financial Sustainability
2023 Application Timeline
Interested organizations are invited to apply for the Impact Partnership through the Cultural Alliance online grant portal, Foundant. Applications will be reviewed by a panel of volunteers, and a limited number of organizations will be chosen to receive the Impact Partnership for 2023.
- Letter of Interest opens January 16, 2023 – Interested organizations will complete a simple letter of interest in the online Cultural Alliance grant portal by February 13, 2023.
- Full Application Invitations Sent February 27, 2023 – Applicants with the highest scores from the LOI will be invited to complete a full application for Impact Operating Support. Applications close March 27, 2023
- Site visits take place February-March, 2023 – Cultural Alliance Allocations committee members meet with all applicants
- Allocations committee reviews and scores Impact applications in April, 2023
- Impact Operating Support Grant recipients for 2023 announced in May, 2023
More about the review process
The Cultural Alliance Board of Directors establishes an Allocations Committee consisting of donors to conduct an annual review process for each applicant organization. Funding decisions are discussed, reviewed and approved by the Board of Directors upon the recommendation of the Allocations Committee. Cultural Alliance’s professional staff provide administrative support to the Allocations Committee but do not provide input during the review process. The members of the Allocations Committee seek to:
- Understand how the organization is achieving excellence and quality programming, pivoting its programming to improve access for diverse individuals through COVID-19, and advancing arts and culture as a regional priority;
- Become better-informed advocates for the organizations that receive operating support;
- Compile data that demonstrates the collective impact of York County’s nonprofit arts and cultural organizations to donors, funders and community leaders; and
- Demonstrate good stewardship of community resources and invest financial support wisely.
Information Sessions and Contact Information
Contact Jennifer or Kelley at the York County Cultural Alliance for additional information on the Impact Partnership, or if you have any questions about your organizations eligibility.
Kelley Gibson, President: Kelley@culturalyork.org
Jennifer Glassmyer, Campaign Director: Jennifer@culturalyork.org
Questions? Contact us at 717-812-9255, or send an email to Jennifer@culturalyork.org