York, PA- The Cultural Alliance of York County is kicking off another season of support for arts and culture with a series of free events happening in January. Presented by WellSpan Health, with additional support from M&T Bank and WITF, the CAYC 2023 Campaign Kickoff will launch a series of free, featured events in the community from January 16-28th. A list of featured events can be found at https://www.culturalyork.org/events/campaignkickoff/
The Cultural Alliance of York County is the only United Arts Fund in South Central PA, and raises an Annual Campaign to allocate back into the community to support York’s cultural core.
“Strong arts and culture within a community means strong education, strong business and a strong York.” Kelley Gibson, Cultural Alliance President. “Our work as the backbone of operational support for arts and culture makes York County a place that attracts both businesses and visitors”
To celebrate the kickoff of their annual campaign, the Cultural Alliance invites you to experience what makes York great by attending any number of free events including:
- Monday, January 16th, 6:30-8:00pm, Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Day Celebration at Union Lutheran Church
- Tuesday, January 17th, 7:00pm, Story Slam at Archetype Pizza (SOLD OUT)
- Friday, January 20th, 6:00-8:00pm, “Try It: Animal Painting” at Creative York, click to register
- Sunday, January 22nd, 2:00-4:00pm, Works on Paper Opening at the York Art Association
- Thursday January 26th, 7:00pm, Drag Bingo at Archetype Pizza
- Saturday, January 28th, 10-11am, York Youth Symphony Open Dress Rehearsal at William Penn High School
- Saturday, January 28th, 10-3pm: Family Day at the York County History Center
Make your annual contribution to the Cultural Alliance at www.culturalyork.org/contribute.
A full schedule of all cultural events happening throughout the year can be found at www.york365.com.
Founded as a United Arts Fund in 1999, the Cultural Alliance’s annual campaign currently supports arts organizations and artists that are essential to arts and culture in our community. Over the past 22 years invested $12 million in cash and $2.5 million in in-kind support for the arts. Through critical operational grants, the Cultural Alliance is the lifeline for arts and culture in York County.
For more information, call the Cultural Alliance at 717-812-9255, visit our website at www.culturalyork.org, visit the Cultural Alliance of York on Facebook, and follow @CulturalYork on Instagram.