The Cultural Alliance of York County seeks creative community leaders to act as Navigators in neighborhoods across York County to help creatives access financial and intellectual resources. Beginning with a one-year pilot program in 2022, Navigators will work one-on-one with grant applicants to provide guidance, resources and technical assistance as applicants fine-tune their grant ideas. Navigators may then approve the artist for funding if/when they deem them ready, and help them fill out the final application. We are seeking a diverse group of navigators in terms of art form, physical location (we will be hiring 2 Navigators from the Hanover area) as well as cultural background.
Goals of the Navigator Program:
- To engage with artists who don’t consider themselves a part of the artist community or are having trouble making necessary connections.
- Help artists one-on-one to move toward a more professional space and the way they consider themselves and their work.
- Create a stronger network of people and resources to support artists in York County.
- To diversify the power structure of the Cultural Alliance by handing over funding decision making power to Artist Navigators.
The ideal Navigator should:
- Have excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Be reliable and reasonably quick with communication
- Be flexible, as the Navigator program is being piloted and may need to shift and update as it moves forward.
- Be connected to a community of creators in at least one of the following fields: music, visual art, writing/publishing, performing arts or dance
- Have experience, whether formally or informally, working with, mentoring, or providing guidance to the creative community.
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- 10-15 hours per quarter (every 3 months)
Training and Compensation
- Navigators will receive facilitation training as well as ongoing support in their role from CAYC staff
- Navigators will receive a professional development grant to be spent on themselves during the year in which they are serving as Navigator.
- A quarterly stipend for their time spent meeting with applicants.
The Navigator application for 2022 is now closed, and we will be announcing our five navigators in early 2022.