Become An Important Piece of Our Team: Part-Time Bookkeeper Wanted
The Cultural Alliance of York County is seeking a part-time bookkeeper to complete their team. Bookkeeper job duties include working closely with the President to record all financial transactions in QuickBooks, process accounts payable and receivable (including entering bills, writing vendor checks, and recording deposits), process payroll (twice a month, including making timely payroll tax payments and submitting periodic payroll tax filings), reconcile accounts monthly, and create and analyze financial reports ensuring reasonableness and accuracy. Our ideal candidate holds an accounting degree and is proficient in the use of QuickBooks Pro.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Perform general bookkeeping duties, including posting information to accounting software and regularly reconciling accounts including but not limited to the following:
- Enter supplier and vendor invoices and process vendor payments
- Record deposits made by full-time staff
- Process payroll including timely tax payments and tax filings
- Obtain and complete necessary tax forms.
- Maintain the annual budget and chart of accounts.
- Perform reconciliations of bank accounts on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy.
- Issue reasonable and accurate monthly financial statements.
- Process company payroll including payment of applicable taxes.
- Maintain an organized and streamlined accounting system.
- Provide administrative support to management when required.
- Work with audit team during year-end audit to answer questions and provide supporting documentation.
Approximate time requirement:
- Three (3) hours, two (2) times a month to process payroll, record deposits, and write vendor checks
- Two (2) hours once a month to reconcile accounts and generate financial reports
- Twelve (12) hours at end of year to produce reports for auditor
- Minimum of associate’s degree in accounting.
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping principles.
- Experience with QuickBooks Pro and previous bookkeeping experience including references
- Keen attention to detail and ability to keep records and files organized.
- Competent collaborator and skilled cross-functional communicator.
- Strong time manager with respect for deadlines.
- Ability to identify errors and solve problems.
- Decisive and critical thinker.
Interested candidates should email their resume to Mary Anne Winkelman, Cultural Alliance President at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 12, 2018. For more information on the Cultural Alliance of York County, please visit our website or call our office at 717-812-9255.