2019 Creative Impact Community Grant Awards Announced!
York, PA – The Cultural Alliance of York County is excited to announce the winners of the 2019 Creative Impact Community Grant Awards. These awards help inspire children, energize neighborhoods, and create an interactive community in York County by funding arts-based projects/programs that impact our region by contributing to a thriving local economy, and creating a more connected community.
The recipients of our 2019 Creative Impact Awards are:
- Downtown Inc, Inclusive Programming in Continental Square During First Fridays
- Gettysburg Community Theatre, “Theatre Changes Lives!”
- Susquehanna Folk Festival, “The 2019 Susquehanna Fold Festival”
- Appell Center for the Performing Arts, “Spanish-Language/Black Film Series”
- York City Special Events, “Box Lunch Revue Concert Series”
- Give Local York, York Federal Fellows Alumni, “Give Local York Big Give Party presented by The Cultural Alliance of York”
- SpiriTrust Lutheran, “Art Explorations: The Impact of the Arts with Older Adults”
- Unforgettable Big Band, “Restoring History: The Big Swing Thing III”
- York Fringe, “2019 York Fringe Festival”
- Yorktown Hotel, “Artistic Elements for the Yorktown Hotel”
- York Symphony Orchestra, “Embracing Aging Community Choral Concert 2019”
- Penn-Mar Irish Festival, “Penn-Mar Irish Festival presents the Armagh Rhymers”
- York County Bar Foundation, ”Hard Bargains 1777”, an interactive public art installation.
- Dillsburg Arts and Revitalization Council, “Meet the Artist”, Interactive arts programming
- DreamWrights Youth & Family Theatre, “DreamWrights Professional Workshop Series”
- Gusa World Music Festival, “Gusa World Music Festival”
- The Handsome Cab, “Plein Air Spring Edition”
- Rafiki Africa Foundation, “Rafiki African Festival”
- Crocodiledog Marketing, “What the Food Trucks”
- Dallastown Area School District, “Cultural Connections through a traveling art exhibit.”
- Artistic New Directions Cobblestone Players, “Classics on Stage-Drama Production Camps”
- Studio 117, “Music Production Program”
- Keystone Kidspace, “Keystone Kidspace Partner Popup Series”
- York Art Association, “York Art Association Artist Lecture Series”
- Jessica and Friends, “Sensory Art Workshops in the Market”
- YMCA of York County, “The World Comes to York, Who is My Neighbor?”
Over $80,000 in grant dollars were awarded to bring art to life through these Creative Impact Award projects and programs.
Founded as a United Arts Fund in 1999, the Cultural Alliance’s annual campaign supports eight partner agencies that are essential to our cultural core and funds the Creative Impact Award grants that bring arts and culture to life in York County. Since 1999, the Cultural Alliance’s annual campaign has granted $10.4 million cash and more than $2 million in-kind support.