2017 Creative Impact Awards Announced!
The Cultural Alliance of York County is excited to announce the winners of the 2017 Creative Impact Awards. These awards help inspire children, energize neighborhoods, and create an interactive community in York County by funding arts-based projects/programs that impact our region by contributing to a thriving local economy, and creating a more connected community.
The recipients of our 2017 Creative Impact Awards are:
- DreamWrights “Journey Through StAGEs” multi-generational theater improve program.
- Dillsburg Arts and Revitalization Council “Arts in the Alley & Summer Art Camp expansion w/the addition of a Summer Dance Camp”
- Orange Mite Shakespeare Company “Dover Youth Shakespeare Academy 2017”
- Unforgettable Big Band “The Big Swing Thing” weekend celebration of swing music in downtown York
- York County History Center ” York Artists as our Storytellers” Exhibit and Programming
- Oliver Bliss Design “York Community of Color Wall Mural: Community Roots, Families and Friends”
- Downtown Inc. “ Downtown Live! Live Music at Downtown Community Events” for 2017
- York Youth Symphony Orchestra production of “The Wiz”
- Logos Academy and Creative York “AB2C – Arts Brings Community Conservation” artist residencies and neighborhood art shows
- Strand Capitol Performing Arts Center “ Step Afrika!” Community Outreach featuring the performers of Step Afrika! (image attached)
- York City Special Events “ 2017 Light Up York” expansion
- Steam into History “Civil War Weekend” events
- WeCo Neighborhood Association “Summer Series” – a series of public events throughout the Summer months at Foundry Park boat basin in York City featuring arts and music festivals, Creekfire events and family festivals
- York Symphony Orchestra “TEMPO” series of pop-up symphonic performances
- The Parliament Arts Organization “Summer Art Market 2017” featuring unique artisans, food trucks, live music, and family/children’s activities.
- York College of Pennsylvania “Chris Dacre: Man Up” – a month-long interactive large-scale art installation welcoming students and community members to help produce elements for the final project. The installation will explore themes found in Dacre’s work such as definitions of masculinity, the marketing of militarism, and the treatment of war as entertainment.
Over $100,000 in grant dollars were awarded to bring art to life through these Creative Impact Award projects and programs.
Founded as a United Arts Fund in 1999, the Cultural Alliance’s annual campaign supports eight partner agencies that are essential to our cultural core and funds the Creative Impact Award grants that bring arts and culture to life in York County. Since 1999, the Cultural Alliance’s annual campaign has granted $8.8 million cash and more than $2 million in-kind support.