The Cultural Alliance of York County Announces New Leadership
The Cultural Alliance of York County is pleased to announce the election of new board officers and re-election of board leadership at the December, 2016 Board of Directors meeting.
- Board Chair – David Kennedy, Aspire Ventures
- Board Vice Chair – Anthony Campisi, President, Glatfelter Insurance Group
- Treasurer – Stephen Snyder, CPA, CCIFP, Stambaugh-Ness, PC
- Secretary – Erin Casey, Founder, Design Quake (photo attached)
- Fund Development Chair – Paula Vitz – Vice President and Director, Business Development, Capital Associates
- Allocations Committee Chair – James K. Fowler, Administrative Vice President at M&T Bank
- Board Director – Jared Bean, President, York Daily Record/Sunday News and MediaOnePA (photo attached)
- Board Director – John Sylvanus, Attorney, Barley Snyder Attorneys at Law (photo Attached)
Board Secretary Erin Casey was a Board Director of the Cultural Alliance prior to her election as Secretary in December 2016. She is a Partner and Founder of Design Quake design-thinking consultancy, as well as an adjunct professor of Design Thinking and a Graham Fellow for the Graham Innovation Scholars program at York College of Pennsylvania.
Board Director Jared Bean is new to the Cultural Alliance Board of Directors, but has been a volunteer with the Cultural Alliance for several years. He is the newly-appointed President of the York Daily Record/Sunday News and MediaOnePA. Prior to his role as President, Jared was the Vice President of Multimedia sales with the company from 2012-2016, and has held other leadership positions within the company since starting there in 1997.
Board Director John Sylvanus currently is a member of the board of the York Symphony Orchestra and will serve a two-year term as the symphony’s designated partner representative on the Cultural Alliance board. The partner representative positions on the Cultural Alliance board began in 2015, helping open communication channels between the alliance and its partner agencies it funds. Sylvanus is an attorney in the firm’s Construction Law and Litigation groups. He counsels clients in construction-related matters such as litigation, contracting and dispute resolution. He represents architects and engineers and has practiced construction law for nearly 40 years.
Founded as a United Arts Fund in 1999, the Cultural Alliance’s annual campaign supports eight partner agencies that are essential to our cultural core and funds the Creative Impact Award grants that bring arts and culture to life in York County. Since its inception, the Cultural Alliance’s annual campaign has granted $8 million cash and more than $2 million in-kind support.
For more information, call the Cultural Alliance at 717-812-9255, visit our website at www.CulturalYork.org, visit the Cultural Alliance of York on Facebook, and follow @culturalyork on Twitter.